See the partner companies that cooperate with Vistula School of Hospitality (formerly Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management).
Orbis is the largest hotel group in Poland and Eastern Europe, with the headquarters in Warsaw and strategic investor the French AccorHotels. We work under internationally recognizable brands: Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, Mercure, ibis, ibis Styles, and ibis budget, providing various standards, ranging from luxury 5-star to budget 1-star hotels.Read less
Orbis is the largest hotel group in Poland and Eastern Europe, with the headquarters in Warsaw and strategic investor the French AccorHotels. We work under internationally recognizable brands: Sofi…Read more
The Greek Gourmet Kubiak-Vafidis S.J.
The Greek Gourmet is a company with a long tradition, owned by well known and respected Master of Culinary Art – Teo Vafidis. Based on the experience in the field of tourism, hospitality and gastronomy, we offer an attractive program of paid apprenticeship, making it possible to pursue internships at reputable hotels in Greece.Read less
The Greek Gourmet is a company with a long tradition, owned by well known and respected Master of Culinary Art – Teo Vafidis. Based on the experience in the field of tourism, hospitality and gastr…Read more
Międzynarodowe Stowarzyszenie Organizatorów Spotkań MPI Poland
Meeting Professionals International ‒ the largest global association that unites professional meeting organizers
Polska Izba Turystyki
Polish Chamber of Tourism (Polska Izba Turystyki) is the largest Polish organisation founded by the tourism industry, belonging of ECTAA. The members of PIT are the biggest companies operating in the tourism industry: travel agencies, tourism agencies, insurance companies, tourism schools, transport companies, hotels, and trade corporationsRead less
Polish Chamber of Tourism (Polska Izba Turystyki) is the largest Polish organisation founded by the tourism industry, belonging of ECTAA. The members of PIT are the biggest companies operating i…Read more
Dietary clinic Żaneta Rybak
The clinic provides comprehensive services in the field of counseling, nutritional education and dietary prevention of civilization diseases, in which proper nutrition plays a key role. Professional knowledge, experience and great passion are the foundations of our activities, ensuring professional and kind care for our clients. Our main goal is to help the community by providing practical, accessible and easy-to-use knowledge and effective solutions in the field of proper nutrition, supplementation and physical activity.
We offer help through education in the form of training, lectures in the field of nutrition, supplementation, physical activity and nutritional behaviors, and by indicating specific solutions, personalized nutritional programs, including weight loss, underweight, cleansing the body, improving well-being, as well as nutrition for active people.
Through our activities, we want to be not only a part of the global movement of reducing overweight and obesity, but we also want to be one of its significant pillars on the Polish market.Read less
The clinic provides comprehensive services in the field of counseling, nutritional education and dietary prevention of civilization diseases, in which proper nutrition plays a key role. Professiona…Read more
Hotel Sheraton Warsaw
„Put people first” to filozofia założyciela Marriott International, J. WillardMarriott, która towarzyszy organizacji od 90 lat. Wyjątkowa atmosfera oraz wysokie standardy pracy wpływają na to, że firma Marriott od wielu lat należy do najlepszych pracodawców na świecie. Jesteśmy największą oraz najbardziej innowacyjną siecią hotelarską na świecie, co daje nam powód do dumy każdego dnia. Marriott Hotel, Courtyard by Marriott, Sheraton, Westin, The Luxury Collection, Moxy, Renaissance, Four Points, to osiem marek reprezentujących sieć Marriott International w Warszawie. Całe portfolio to 30 marek i niemal 6 tysięcy obiektów zlokalizowanych w ponad 120 krajach. Nasi pracownicy są częścią międzynarodowego zespołu – mówimy w 85 językach, w naszych hotelach meldujemy rocznie około 118 milionów gości.
Hotel Sheraton Warsaw, od ponad 20 lat, uchodzi za miejsce, które łączy świat biznesu, polityki oraz prywatnych podróży. Przestronne pokoje i apartamenty, bogate zaplecze konferencyjno – eventowe, kuchnia na światowym poziomie,
profesjonalna obsługa. Sheraton Warsaw Hotel to miejsce, gdzie każdy może poczuć się jak w domu.
„Put people first” to filozofia założyciela Marriott International, J. WillardMarriott, która towarzyszy organizacji od 90 lat. Wyjątkowa atmosfera oraz wysokie standardy pracy wpływają na to, …Read more
Work and travel
Work and travel is an international programme involving education in the United States, intended for foreign students. Its objective is to provide the participating students with the opportunities to experience the country, its culture and language. What makes Work and Travel programme is that the
participants, once they arrive in the USA, have to take up seasonal employment. The Travel Center has developed the Work and Travel program in cooperation with the American programme administrator – the Greenheart Exchange foundation
Work and travel is an international programme involving education in the United States, intended for foreign students. Its objective is to provide the participating students with the opportuni…Read more
Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry (IGHP)
is an organization representing the interests of Polish hoteliers at the local, national and EU level. IGHP is a member of the international HOTREC organization, associating hotels, restaurants and cafes in EuropeRead less
is an organization representing the interests of Polish hoteliers at the local, national and EU level. IGHP is a member of the international HOTREC organization, associating hotels, restauran…Read more
Hotel The Westin Warsaw
Stay well at Westin
The more you travel, the more your well-being can get left behind. But there’s a place that doesn’t come with that compromise. At Westin Hotels & Resorts, our signature wellness programs empower you to eat, sleep, move, feel, work
and play well, so you can be at your best while on the road. Discover a place where you’re given a choice, not just to get up, but to rise.
Stay well at Westin
The more you travel, the more your well-being can get left behind. But there’s a place that doesn’t come with that compromise. At Westin Hotels & Resorts, our signatur…
Event Agencies Club
Event Agencies Club considers promoting high standards and good practices of the industry, especially those developed jointly with marketers and included in White Book of the SKM SAR Marketing Communication Industry, as its overarching goal. The Event Agencies Club (KAE) was established in 2012 at the Marketing Communication Association SKM SAR. It consists of leading event marketing agencies operating on the Polish market:
ALLEGRO AGENCY, BRAVE, EL PADRE, EM LAB, ENDORFINA EVENTS, MANTA GROUP, JET EVENTS, MINISTRY OF CREATIVITY, MEA GROUP, MULTI EVENT, PLEJ, and WALK EVENTS.
Event Agencies Club considers promoting high standards and good practices of the industry, especially those developed jointly with marketers and included in White Book of the SKM SAR Marketi…Read more
EL Padre is a specialized agency dealing with the organization of broadly understood event activities. Besides event ventures, the agency carries out ambient and BTL activities and is constantly evolving. The El Padre service catalog includes also PR events, company events, outdoor events, roadshows, production of promotional materials, sales promotions, field
marketing and many other non-standard ventures. EL PADRE consists of a specialized team of enthusiasts, professionals with extensive experience in event implementation. A properly
managed team, technical knowledge accumulated over the years, constant search for new solutions and tracking news on the global event market allow us to offer our clients a comprehensive service, and often even exceed their expectations.
EL Padre is a specialized agency dealing with the organization of broadly understood event activities. Besides event ventures, the agency carries out ambient and BTL activities and is const…Read more
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw (Royal Bristol Warsaw Sp. z o.o.)
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw is a five-star hotel that belongs to the world’s largest Marriott International hotel chain, which in its portfolio has 30 brands and almost 6,000 properties located in over 120 countries. The Luxury Collection is a group of hotels and resorts around the world marked for their local flavor and sophisticated elegance. Our mission is to lead our guests – those seasoned travelers on their path so full of change, which touch their spirit, enrich their life and leave unique memories.
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw has been one of the most prominent places on the map of Warsaw for over one hundred years. It distinguishes itself by its enchanting, majestic neo- Renaissance façade and beautiful interiors with elegant Art Deco elements from the early 20th century. It boasts its enchanting prestigious location by the Royal Route, near the Presidential Palace, a few steps from the Old Town, the Royal Castle and the National Opera.Read less
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw is a five-star hotel that belongs to the world’s largest Marriott International hotel chain, which in its portfolio has 30 brands and almos…Read more
European Association for Sport Management (EASM)
In 2016, VSH was an organiser of the 24th EASM Conference: Memories and Identities in Sports Management in Europe. It is the most important event organised by the European Association of Sports Management, since 1993. Academics and professionals come together to discuss and share current topics, and to present the latest research findings in the field of Sports Management. Apart from an excellent academic programme, the conference also develops activities for students, in order to strengthen the abilities and competences of future sports management scholars. A student seminar for Bachelor and Master students, and a PhD student seminar, are now an integral part of each annual conference.Read less
In 2016, VSH was an organiser of the 24th EASM Conference: Memories and Identities in Sports Management in Europe. It is the most important event organised by the European Association of…Read more
Leonardo Hotels is committed to supporting young talents and the on-going development of specialist and managerial staff. Each participant benefits from a range of programs, including
specialist training, coaching sessions, mentoring and cross-training. In the multi-month programs: Youngster, Management, Expert and Senior Expert, employees have the opportunity to develop their personal skills and to actively shape the next career steps within the hotel chain. The Leonardo Academy is also an ideal platform for the exchange of experiences.
Leonardo Hotels is committed to supporting young talents and the on-going development of specialist and managerial staff. Each participant benefits from a range of programs, including
Varsovia Apartamenty Sp. z o.o.
Varsovia Apartments KASPRZAKA and Varsovia Apartments JEROZOLIMSKIE are perfectly located, comfortable and comfortable hotel facilities, created for the most demanding clients. Perfect especially for entrepreneurs and businessmen, both those looking for a place for a few days stay in Warsaw, as well as those looking for a comfortable apartment for a few-week or several-month contracts, as well as for people looking for a flat for permanent long-term rental.Read less
Varsovia Apartments KASPRZAKA and Varsovia Apartments JEROZOLIMSKIE are perfectly located, comfortable and comfortable hotel facilities, created for the most demanding clients. Perfect…Read more
J. W. Construction
We are one of the largest Polish housing developers with over 26 years of experience in the real estate market. Since the beginning of the company, we have built nearly 30,000 apartments and 500 single-family houses in Warsaw, Katowice, Łódź, Gdynia and abroad. Our portfolio includes not only investments from the popular segment, but also aparthotel and commercial properties, such as Wola Invest or Jerozolimskie Invest in Warsaw, as well as luxury hotel facilities, including Czarny Potok Resort & Spa in Krynica Zdrój and Hotel Dana in Szczecin.
Our mission is to adapt the current sales policy to the changes conditioned by government regulations and the macroeconomic situation in the country. All our activities are aimed at enabling our customers to buy an apartment of their dreams, and the premises offered in our investments are designed to meet the individual needs of buyers. Our offer is also addressed to entrepreneurs who would like to invest their capital in real estate. Today, investment in real estate means a double profit – rental income and increase in the value of real estate over time. It is also the prospect of an attractive rate of return in the coming years.
Our efforts have been recognized by both clients who have put their trust in us and distinguished juries of prestigious competitions. We are proud winners of many unique awards, including Developer of the Year 2015, QI Order, Consumer Laurel and winner of the largest developers in Central and Eastern Europe ranking prepared by Eurobuild CEE.Read less
We are one of the largest Polish housing developers with over 26 years of experience in the real estate market. Since the beginning of the company, we have built nearly 30,000 apartme…Read more
Hotel Warsaw, as with the other facilities of the Likus Hotels and Restaurants group, represents a set of beautiful, boutique hotels located in historic, completely restored buildings of great historical and cultural value. In accordance with the concept behind the group, it subtly balances the traditions and history of the place with modernity, integrating the past, present, and future. This five-star, unique establishment is a great place to learn the secrets of the hotel and restaurant industry, as well as develop your professional career. Come, gain experience, and spread your wings!Read less
Hotel Warsaw, as with the other facilities of the Likus Hotels and Restaurants group, represents a set of beautiful, boutique hotels located in historic, completely restored buildings…Read more
Strelau Dietary Clinic
Aneta Strelau, MSc in clinical dietetics, certified European specialist in obesity treatment (SCOPE certificate), member of the European Federation of Dietetic Associations DIETS/EFAD, the Polish Coeliac Society, the Polish Society of Dietetics and the Polish Diabetes Association, vice president of the foundation promoting sport among children and adolescents “Warsaw Rugby Association”, owner of “Poradnia Dietetyki Klinicznej Strelau” (Strelau Dietary Clinic), author of Poradnik dietetyczny dla pacjenta z cukrzycą 2 cz. I i II (Dietary Guide for Patients with Diabetes 2 Part I and II), Dieta dla Dziecka (Diet for Children), Żywienie osób starszych w praktyce (Elderly Nutrition in Practice).
Specialist in the treatment of obesity and diet therapy for autoimmune diseases of children and adults. She also deals with counselling for children under the care of specialist neurodevelopmental disorders of outpatient clinics in Warsaw. Lecturer, participant in numerous congresses on clinical nutrition and metabolic diseases, an expert in numerous educational campaigns, TV programs and radio broadcasts.
Aneta Strelau, MSc in clinical dietetics, certified European specialist in obesity treatment (SCOPE certificate), member of the European Federation of Dietetic Associations DIETS/EFAD…Read more
Alloweat is the first complete set of tools created for nutrition professionals. It allows flexible creation of nutrition programs using system algorithms, saving specialists’ time and increasing the efficiency of the dietetic process. With alloweat, a dietitian will prepare a nutrition program for 3 months in as little as 10 minutes. More time, more flexibility, higher profits. Work the way you want with alloweat! Learn more at: www.alloweat.comRead less
Alloweat is the first complete set of tools created for nutrition professionals. It allows flexible creation of nutrition programs using system algorithms, saving specialists’ time an…Read more
The YOUSH company is a Polish producer of modern, in line with current trends, functional food. Yoush products, apart from their nutritional values, have functional features that make them also included in the convenient food category.
Yoush products are 100% plant-based, based on the best-quality, selected vegetable proteins. They contain properly composed mixtures of carbohydrates, including dietary fiber and good-quality lipids rich in unsaturated fatty acids.
The food industry is at the forefront of the sectors with the most damaging environmental impacts, and huge amounts of food are wasted worldwide. Therefore, the main priority of the company is the production of wholesome food with the lowest environmental impact. Yoush food has a lower carbon footprint and water consumption than analogous products on the market based on animal protein of animal origin.Read less
The YOUSH company is a Polish producer of modern, in line with current trends, functional food. Yoush products, apart from their nutritional values, have functional features that make them also inc…Read more
The Confucius Classroom at Vistula University is an education institution, co-established by Vistula University, Poland and Tianjin University of Technology, China, that aims to support local Chinese teaching and facilitate cultural exchanges.
Since its opening ceremony in June 2012, the Confucius Classroom at Vistula University, has been growing rapidly. We organize Chinese language courses with 5-6 experienced native speaker teachers from China, with plenty of textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials. We are located in the modern and well-equipped campus of Vistula University. An HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) examination center was founded here in 2019. In June 2014, the first “Chinese Bridge” language competition for high school students, organized in cooperation with the Chinese Embassy in Warsaw, was held in our Confucius Classroom at Vistula University.
“Confucius Institute & Classroom” is a brand name, which means quality. If you want to learn something about the Chinese language and culture, please visit us at Vistula University campus.
Useful website links:
Vistula Universities are open to new ideas, the world, and of course, people. We follow what is most revealing and inspiring, while undertaking initiatives that may interest and engage others. We focus on the exchange of thoughts, reflection, and dialogue. This course is not only respectful, but is confirmed by outstanding personalities who visit us – recognised scientists, representatives of the world of politics, business, and sports. It is indisputable proof of the prestige of our Universities, and in turn, serves as an important impulse for the academic community to continue open discussions and further development.
- Ali Babacan – a Turkish economist, entrepreneur, and politician, he was a co-founder of the national-conservative Justice and Development Party – AKP, a Member of Parliament and Minister of State for Economic Affairs in 2002–2007, Head of negotiators in talks on Turkey’s accession to the European Union, and then a Minister of Foreign Affairs, from 2009 to 2015, he was the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs; in 2019, he left the AKP, citing “deep differences” of opinion about the party’s direction, and in 2020, he founded the Party of Democracy and Progress (DEVA); he was a guest of Vistula University in 2012.
- Salvadore Babones – an American sociologist, Professor at the University of Sydney, and Associate Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, a specialist in economics, politics, and society in China and the United States. In his scientific work, he also specialises in the theory of world-systems. The author of several books and numerous articles, both scientific and popular in the media, he was a guest lecturer at Nanyang Technological University and Academia Sinica. In 2016, he gave a lecture at Vistula University on ’Inequalities in the global world’, and conducted methodological workshops.
- Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz –a Polish politician and lawyer, with a PhD in Law Sciences, he was a former Member of Parliament and a Senator. President of the Council of Ministers in 1996-1997, in the previous years 1993-1995, he was appointed deputy prime minister, then the Minister of Justice and Prosecutor general, followed by Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of the second term, Head of the Committee for European Integration, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Speaker of the Parliament of the 4th term. A Member of the European Parliament since 2019 – he was part of the Left for Europe delegation; and amongst his many roles, Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz was a lecturer at Vistula University.
- Ryszard Czarnecki – a Polish politician, Law and Justice Party member, historian, journalist, sports activist – and member of the Polish Olympic Committee board; a Member of the Parliament of the 1st and 3rd term of office, Member of the European Parliament of the 6th, 7th, and 9th term of office, and in the years 2014-2018, its Deputy Chairman; in 1993, he was a Deputy Minister of Culture, between 1997 and 1998, he was Chairman of the Committee for European Integration, and from 1998 to 1999, a Minister – and a Member of the Council of Ministers. In 2015, he gave a lecture at Vistula University: ’The European Union towards Russia, yesterday, today, tomorrow’.
- Aleksander Doba – a Polish traveller and canoeist, who, in the “National Geographic” plebiscite, won the ’Traveller of the Year 2015’ title. Memorably, he was the first man in history to cross the Atlantic Ocean from Africa to South America alone in a canoe, and thanks to the power of his muscles, he circumnavigated the Baltic Sea and Lake Baikal in a canoe. He was also the first to circumnavigate the entire Polish coast from Police to Elbląg, and diagonally across Poland from Przemysł to Świnoujście. A two-time gold, silver, and bronze medallist of the Polish Open Academic Championships in whitewater kayaking, he sadly died reaching the highest peak in Africa – Kilimanjaro.
- John T. Green – a Professor at Cambridge University, and previously at Imperial College, London, he deals with management in higher education and business, and also develops start-ups, and advises entrepreneurs. In 2014, he was a guest at Vistula University, taking part in the international conference: ’Intellectual Capital and Education, 2014’, which was devoted to co-operation between science and business, as well as education and intellectual capital.
- Abdullah Gul – the President of Turkey from 2007 to 2014, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs in the years, 2003-2007, and the Prime Minister of Turkey in the years 2002-2003; and an ardent advocate of Turkey’s membership in the European Union. He declared that his country’s future lies in a united Europe. He was famously a guest of Vistula University in 2011, meeting with students and lecturers.
- Danuta Hübner – a Polish economist and politician, Professor of Economic Sciences, she has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate by several universities, and since 2009, has been a member of the European Parliament. She introduced Poland to the European Union as the Minister for European Affairs; and in the years 2004-2009, she served as the European Union’s Commissioner for Regional Policy. In her role as Chief negotiator, she led Poland to its membership of the OECD. In 1997-1998, she was the Head of the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland. She also worked abroad at the United Nations and in the rank of Deputy Secretary General of the UN, she headed the European Economic Commission. In 2015, she gave a lecture at Vistula University, titled: ‘European Integration, Anno Domini 2015’.
- Jarosław Kalinowski – a Polish politician, an activist of the Polish People’s Party, and Chairman of the Supreme Council of this party and its former President (1997–2004), in 1997, he served as the Minister of Agriculture and Food Economy, and from 2001–2003, he was Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, whilst simultaneously serving as Vice – President of the Council of Ministers. From 2005–2009, he was Deputy Speaker of the Sejm of the 5th and 6th terms of office, and in the years 1993–2009, was a member of the Sejm of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th terms of office. From 2009, he was a member of the European Parliament, whilst earlier being a candidate in presidential elections in 2000 and 2005. He gave a lecture, in 2015, at Vistula University: ’Agriculture – Energy – Environment. Selected aspects of Poland’s functioning within the European Union’.
- Jerzy Kwieciński – a Polish engineer, entrepreneur, and state official, as well as a Doctor of Technical Sciences; in 2005–2008, he was Under-Secretary of State in the Ministry of Regional Development, in 2015–2018, Secretary of State in the Ministry of Development; whilst in 2018-2019, he was the Minister of Investment and Development, and in 2019, also the Minister of Finance in the government of Mateusz Morawiecki. Switching roles, in 2020, he became the President of the Polish Oil and Gas Industry; and from January 2021, he was appointed Vice-President of the bank, PKO S.A. It was in October 2016, that he was the guest of honour at Vistula University at the inauguration of the new academic year.
- Robert Krool – the Founder and President of the board of the Life Skills Foundation; a professional mentor, development diagnostician, educator, and entrepreneur; one of the few court experts, in Poland, who could deal with the field of restructuring and business risk assessment. Classified by the media, as among the most influential business advisors in Poland; he was a founding member of the Association of Professional Speakers in Poland. In 2012, he was a guest at Vistula University, taking part in the conference: ’Intellectual Capital of Higher Schools’.
- Andreas Kuettel – an outstanding Swiss ski jumper, and 2009 world champion; in 2017, he defended his Doctorate on Athletes and their Post Career Lives, and started working at Syddansk Universities – the University of Southern Denmark; in 2014, he visited the Vistula School of Hospitality, at the invitation of the then Rector, Professor Jolanta Żyśko.
- Lucy Long – a Culinary Culture Researcher, Professor at Ohio State University, and a member of the Smithsonian Institute (the largest complex of museums and research institutions in the world), involved in building bridges and supporting synergy between science and the public sector in the field of culinary ideas; in 2019, she was a guest of the Vistula School of Hospitality, taking part in the conference: ’Intercultural culinary tourism of generations’.
- Cecilia Malstrom – a Swedish politician, an activist of the People’s Liberal Party, a former Minister for European Affairs, and a Member of the European Parliament; in the years 2010-2014, the European Union’s Commissioner for Home Affairs, from 2015 to 2019, the Commissioner for Trade. Since 2019, she has been a Professor at the University of Gothenburg. In 2017, she led the CETA Forum and the Citizens’ Dialogue at Vistula University: ’New Economic Opportunities for Poland and the EU’.
- Andrew Moravcsik – a Professor and Director of the European Union programme at Princeton University, Director of the Liechtenstein Institute on Self-Determination, Professor at the Technische Universität München; a leading representative of the theory of liberalism in the science of international relations, and one of the most important figures in the field of European studies in the world. He researches European integration, international organisations and human rights; is also active in teaching and developing qualitative methods, including the development of ‘active citation’, a standard to ensure the transparency of qualitative research in the social sciences. In the past, he was a politician and journalist; but he, nowadays, writes popular and scientific works on classical music, especially operas. In 2015, he gave the inaugural lecture: ’Order and chaos in the 21st century: how to understand the world?’ at Vistula University.
- Henryka Mościcka-Dendys – a Polish lawyer, civil servant, and diplomat, associated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2002, Under- Secretary of State in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2013 to 2015; from 2015–2020, the Polish Ambassador to Denmark; a member of the board of the Foundation for Polish-German Co-operation (2011–2016); and from 2020, she was head of the Investments Office in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In 2015, she was a guest of Vistula University, and gave a lecture on ’The Future of Europe’.
- Andrzej Olechowski – a Polish politician and economist, a PhD in Economic Sciences, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A., a member of the Board of Directors of Euronet Worldwide Inc. and Play Communication; a former Minister of Finance, and Minister of Foreign Affairs; a candidate in the presidential elections (2000 and 2010), a co-founder of the Civic Platform party; from 1992-1993 and in 1995, he served as Economic Adviser to President Lech Wałęsa; he was, formerly, a lecturer at Vistula University.
- Józef Oleksy – a Polish politician and economist, with a PhD in Economic Sciences, he was Prime Minister of Poland in 1995–1996, Speaker of the Parliament of the 2nd and 4th term; in 2004, he was Vice-President of the Council of Ministers, and a Minister of Interior Affairs in the government of Leszek Miller; from 1989–2005, he was a member of the Parliament of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th term, a Chairman of the Social Democracy of the Republic of Poland (1996–1997), and the Democratic Left Alliance (2004–2005), Deputy Chairman of the SLD party in the years, 2003–2004, and 2012–2015; Józef Oleksy was, for many years, the Dean of the Faculty of International Relations of Vistula University, and the Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Social Affairs and International Relations.
- Colin Rose – a world-famous expert on quick learning techniques, an adviser to the British government, member of the Royal Society of Arts, a publicist, trainer, lecturer a special guest of educational conferences around the world, a businessman, co-founder of the British ‘Campaign for Learning’ – a scientific society under the patronage of the government; and creator of the ’Colin Rose Method’ – an original method of super-fast foreign language learning, also available in Poland. In his work, he strives for the best adaptation of today’s education to the specificity of employment in the 21st century; and serves as a consultant for numerous universities, and the largest global companies. In 2014, he was a guest of Vistula University, taking part in the international conference: ’Intellectual Capital and Education 2014’, devoted to co-operation between science and business, education and intellectual capital.
- Paola Subacchi – a Professor of Economics and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Royal Institute of International Relations (Chatham House), author of ‘The Cost of Free Money’ and ‘The People’s Money: How China is building a global currency’, she regularly appears in the media as an economic commentator. She is also an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Bologna; a Director at Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust PLC and BlackRock Greater Europe Investment Trust PLC; and most notably, Founder and Director of Essential Economics, an independent, economic research company. It was in 2015, that she was a guest of Vistula University, taking part in the seminar: ’The Future of Europe’.
- Kazimierz Michał Ujazdowski – a Polish politician, associated in the past with the Law and Justice Party, and currently, with the Citizen Coalition; a lawyer, and Doctor of the Science of Law; Associate Professor at the University of Łódź; Minister of Culture and National Heritage in the years 2000–2001, 2005–2006, and 2006–2007, Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of the 4th term, Member of the Parliament of the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th terms; Member of the European Parliament for the 8th term, Senator for the 10th term. An author, co-author, and editor of books, devoted mainly to cultural and historical politics, as well as political and constitutional issues, as well as the history of Polish conservatism and conservative thought. It was in 2016, that he gave a lecture at Vistula University: ’To trust Poland and Europe. 5 theses on Poland’s policy in Europe’.
- Guy Verhofstadt – a Belgian and Flemish politician; in 1985, he was elected to the Belgian Parliament and appointed Minister for the Budget; in 1991, he formed the Flemish Liberals and Democrats Party; after election failures, he resigned from politics, but returned in 1997, as party leader with a new programme. In the years 1999–2008, he became the Prime Minister of Belgium, and since 2009, has been a Member of the European Parliament, and leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for the Europe Party. It was in 2016, that he gave a lecture at Vistula, titled: ‘The Future of Europe’.
- Margrethe Vestager – a Danish politician, former Minister of Education, member of the Folketinget, leader of the Det Radikale Venstre party since 2007, Minister of the Economy and Home Affairs in 2011-2014, member of the European Commission since 2014, and one of the executive Vice-Presidents of the European Commission from 2019. It was she, who demanded billions of euros in back taxes from Apple, and Google – concessions to competitors; showed that Mastercard is inflating card fees and that Gazprom is pushing up the prices of gas sold to several EU member states, including Poland. It was more recently, in 2019, that she led the ‘Citizens’ Dialogue’ at Vistula University.
- Sun Yuxi – a Chinese poet and diplomat, in 2010-2012, he was Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to Poland; and was decorated by President Bronisław Komorowski with the Commander’s Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the development of Chinese-Polish relations. He was a guest of Vistula University in 2011.
- Taavi Rõivas – Estonian economist, politician, and local government official, who became a member of parliament, and in 2012–2014, the Minister of Social Affairs. He was 36, when he took office as Prime Minister. In 1998, he joined the liberal and pro-Western Estonian Reform Party. He worked briefly in a private enterprise, then as an, adviser in the government administration. In 2005, he became a Tallinn City Councillor for the first time. In 2007, he was elected a member of the State Assembly (Riigikogu). In 2011, he was re-elected for another term. On December the 11th, 2012, he took the office of Minister of Social Affairs, in the third cabinet of Andrus Ansip. On March the 14th, 2014, President Toomas Hendrik Ilves entrusted him with the task of forming a government. In addition to the Estonian Reform Party, the Social Democratic Party joined the coalition. In April, 2015, he was re-elected to parliament and formed a second government. In November of that year, the coalition broke up, and his cabinet lost a vote of ‘no confidence’ in the parliament. After leaving the government, he took on the role of Vice-President of the parliament, but resigned in October, 2017. In 2019, he regained his mandate as a member of the Riigikogu for another term.
- John Busuttil – Director of UN Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and Trade of Malta. An excellent diplomat with a long history of activity in the field of international affairs. He specialises in international relations, politics, human rights, and administration. He is an expert in public affairs with a Master’s Degree in International Relations, Economics, and Law, from the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies, University of Malta. He has worked in institutions in Brussels, New York, Geneva, and Bonn. In his career, he has especially dealt with peace and security issues – in particular, in Africa.
Established in 2004 by the Australian government, THE-ICE is as a center promoting Australian educational skills. Today, it is an international agency for non-profit accreditation and quality assurance creating a global network of leading institutions dealing with tourism, hospitality industry, organization of events and culinary arts, including public and private universities and professional institutions. The organization promotes activities raising the quality of education, interinstitutional benchmarking and the accreditation programme. The THE-ICE accreditation awarded to the Warsaw School of Hospitality is one of the two principal certificates in the world granted to universities educating for the needs of the tourism and hospitality industry. It is a globally recognized mark of the highest quality, proof of recognition for a culture of openness, cooperation with the industry and strong links between science and practice.
International CHRIE was founded in 1946 by a group of American professionals operating in the area of the hospitality industry. As an international non-profit organization, whose mission is to spread and deepen knowledge in the field of tourism and hospitality, it brings together institutions, corporations and associations representing the hospitality and tourism industry as well as universities offering education for the needs of this sector. International CHRIE continually provides programs and services aimed at enhancing the quality of education, research, services and business activities in the industry. The organization promotes creative, ethical and innovative activities as well as the improvement of the quality of the global hospitality sector and tourism education and research. Membership in the organization opens the opportunity to exchange information, access the latest research and achieve professional and personal development. It allows to build and strengthen a network of contacts and increase recognition among industry leaders and specialists from around the world. CHRIE provides access to innovation, industry publications and training.
ECTN is an international association registered in Belgium in 2009, which is the only pan-European network for the development and promotion of cultural tourism. Currently, it has 29 members in 19 countries, bringing together research institutes, universities and NGOs. It works towards enhancing cooperation among its members, institutions of the European Union and other international organizations, networks and public institutions around the world with a view to exchanging experiences and information on best practices and innovation, facilitating sharing research data, developing transnational and interregional cooperation projects, and ensuring better cooperation and integration between the tourism and culture sectors. The organization works on developing trainings and new, innovative approaches and tools in this area.
MPI is the largest association of the meetings and events industry in the world. Founded in 1972 in the USA, today it associates 60,000 institutions and professionals working for the dynamically developing event industry. It has over 70 branches and clubs in 75 countries, including Poland.
MPI plays a significant role in promoting and developing the industry forming a strong network and providing its members with innovative education, support in professional development, networking and business exchange. It runs the MPI Academy, certification programmes, trainings and workshops. MPI organizes prestigious annual industry conferences and meetings providing participants with an opportunity to make new contacts, build valuable relationships and discover the latest trends in the industry. MPI is also involved in joint initiatives undertaken with other organizations operating in the MICE area.
Established in 1928 to represent the interests of trade fair and exhibition organizers, IAEE is a leading organization of the world exhibition industry. The association currently gathers 12,000 members in 50 countries over half of them being directly involved in the planning, management and implementation of exhibitions and fairs and the remaining part entities providing products and services. The organization works towards promoting the industry and the professional development of its employees. It is involved in developing educational projects as well as in providing knowledge and training. It also offers the Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM) certification program – a globally recognized designation that demonstrates the highest professional standard in the management of exhibitions and fairs.
SITE is an international association of professionals from the meetings industry founded in 1973. Currently, it gathers approx. 2,500 members from 90 countries, including employees of event agencies, hotels, airlines and shipping companies, as well as lecturers and providers of services for the dynamically growing sector of business travel. Site Global acts as a mouthpiece for the industry, working with all major business tourism industry organizations. Membership in the association, both on a global and local level, is above all an opportunity to build a network of contacts, access to education and certification at a global level, and participation in industry events. The organization is involved in nurturing a new generation of specialists – SITE Young Leaders dedicating to this issue annual conferences and a number of educational activities.
Founded in 1991, the organization aims at developing international educational and research initiatives in the field of tourism and leisure. The association promotes professional development in this area, employee and student exchange as well as international research. Currently, ATLAS has members in about 60 countries. It organizes conferences and courses, designs and coordinates the development of curricula under the SOCRATES programme as well as initiates and participates in international research projects. ATLAS membership opens a possibility to, among others, establish contacts with other members of the association and participate in projects related to education and research in the field of tourism and leisure.
The largest nationwide organization of the tourism industry economic self-government. Members of the Polish Chamber of Tourism include the major travel agents, tour operators, insurance companies, colleges and universities, well-known carriers, accommodation managers and other representatives of the tourist sector. Its main role consists in representing and protecting the economic interests of associated entities. Moreover, the organization lobbies for the development of the tourism industry in Poland and works towards its popularization with the aim of securing its position as an important economic sector for the state budget. The Chamber propagates the need for developing competences in the tourism industry and applying the latest knowledge, modern technologies and business ethics.
The Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry is a mouthpiece for the hotel and catering business environment in dealing with the various levels of state administration. It lobbies to create proper conditions for the development of economic life, particularly of the hotel and catering sector and supports all business initiatives of its members. The organization plays an active role in the development of legal regulations in the hotel and catering sector at the same time shaping and propagating the principles of ethics in business operations. Representatives of the Chamber participate in the work of advisory and opinion-forming institutions operating at state administration bodies as well as the Sejm and Senate of the Republic of Poland in matters related to the hospitality industry.
PUE (Polish Educational Union), formerly PPZPE (Polish Association of Private Employers of Education), is an organization operating in the non-public education sector. Its main goal is to protect the rights and represent interests of private employers before the authorities and state administration as well as local government bodies. PUE is trying to exert influence on the framing of legislation and socioeconomic policy regarding the education sector as well as to define the standards of economic, social, didactic and scientific activity carried out by private employers operating in this area. The organization implements its goals, among others by issuing opinions on assumptions and draft laws, conducting research and promoting economic, legal and organizational knowledge as well as that related to teaching and science. PUE is a member of the Polish Lewiatan Confederation.
WOT is a public-private association founded by the Warsaw City Hall. The organization brings together entities operating in the capital in the tourism industry (tourism organizers, event agencies, hotels, conference facilities, cultural institutions, restaurants). One of the association’s major tasks is to support the promotion of Warsaw as a tourist, business and conference destination. WOT membership provides an opportunity to cooperate with key industry representatives. It also guarantees access to the latest research and information on the sector as well as participation in workshops. Affiliates can count on working contact with the Warsaw authorities, support for their business and promotion.
Triple diploma programme
The Vistula School of Hospitality runs a triple diploma programme. The Swiss university B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School in Lucerne, which issues a double diploma from Robert Gordon University of Aberdeen in Great Britain, is the partner.Read less
The Vistula School of Hospitality runs a triple diploma programme. The Swiss university B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School in Lucerne, which issues a double diploma from Robert Gordon Univ…Read more
The programme includes Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree studies. It gives ambitious students the chance to obtain a diploma from three universities, excellent references, and global opportunities. It is also a unique occasion to develop, test yourself in a multicultural environment, establish valuable personal and professional contacts, and find an attractive job. Switzerland is a recognised and valued brand in the field of hospitality, tourism, and culinary art education.